All of our instructors are Surf GB qualified surf coaches as well as being fully qualified beach lifeguards for your added safety. Cornwall Surf Academy have achieved the safety standards to be approved by the National Governing Body of the Sport, Surf GB (Great Britain) To achieve this status the following has to be provided:
- Surf GB qualified surf coaches
- Qualified beach lifeguards
- Public liability insurance (10 million pounds)
- Maximum number 8 pupils per instructor
- Risk assessments of the beach / teaching environment
- Emergency Action Plan
- Criminal Records Bureau checks
We only use the very best equipment:
- Soft foam boards that offer great stability for the novice.
- Slick bottomed foam boards with three fin setup to offer greater speed and manoeuvrability for the intermediate.
- Good quality wetsuits suitable for even the chilliest of Cornish days!
- Boots and gloves so you can surf throughout the year.
In our lessons you will stay in shallow water up to waist/chest deep and if you are not confident in the sea our experienced coaches can give you tips and advice. Our minimum requirement is that you can swim 25m unaided in open water – we’ll help you with the rest.
So come and learn to surf in a friendly and easy going atmosphere with our fully qualified surf coaches at Cornwall Surf Academy, our aim is to simplify the skill of surfing so that you can progress at your own pace