Get surfing with one of our quality surf lessons. Our sessions are run by dedicated, enthusiastic instructors, all with International Surfing Association and beach lifeguard training. A beginner lesson teaches you the basics of surfing, catching waves and standing on your board. As we’re based on the National Trust beach of Holywell Bay lessons are more relaxed – away from the busy main beach resorts.
A typical day includes :
- Safety brief
- Warm up / Stretch
- Beach instruction on catching waves and riding in
- Water practice
- Beach instruction on standing up once you’ve caught the wave
- Water practice
- Feedback in the water with the instructor.
In the first few sessions you won’t go any deeper than chest deep. Don’t worry there’s loads of fun to be had and plenty to learn! We won’t take you into deeper water until you’ve got the basics and built up confidence
What we provide:
- Surfboards – suitable for your ability
- Wetsuits – suitable for the conditions (don’t forget the zip goes at the back).
- Boots and gloves when necessary
Don’t forget! :
We supply most of the gear but you’ll still need to bring:
- Swimsuit and towel
- Sun cream
- Old trainers or flip flops for walking down to the beach (optional)
- Food! Surfing can be hungry work. We usually end up near the shop but just in case we ask students to bring a packed lunch
An average day
Morning sessions run from 10am to 12:00pm. On full days we have lunch between 12:00 till 1pm and an afternoon session running from 1pm finishing at 3:00pm. This is dependent on tides so these times vary.
We offer lots of different course options. If you have specific timing needs get in touch – we’ll try to build a session around you.
Group Lesson – either morning or afternoon of instruction.
Private lesson – Best way to improve your surfing
We offer Class Passes – This allows you to book onto multiple group sessions with a discount.
3 Lesson Class Pass – This is @ £120
5 Lesson Class Pass – This is @ £190
10 Lesson Class Pass – This is @ £300
A final safety note:
All our instructors are DBS Checked, have full life guard training and are qualified ISA instructors. We accommodate all group sizes, however when in the water we work to the ISA ratio of 1 instructor to 8 students.
If you have any questions or requirements, please feel free to get in touch