Intermediate to Advanced
You are a competent surfer that is able to at least:
- Paddle out back (perform the necessary wave evasion techniques to get out)
- Catch green waves, turning left and right
- Commit to manoeuvres on the face of a wave going right and left, this can be long boarding and/or short boarding, whatever you want to improve on
You probably have your own equipment, although if needs be we will have spare boards and wetsuits for you to use.
This course is designed to focus on you, the surfer, as an individual. It is designed to help guide you through setting relevant goals in your surfing. Providing the necessary tools for you to hone in your skills to maximise your use of the wave whilst focusing on your technique and style. It is a high intensity course with a lot of surfing and self-analysis.
The course is made up of 3 types of on land tuition as well as water tuition.
On land tuition
- Beach tuition – Day to day beach surf tuition focusing on dynamic movement practice with an aim of improving relevant muscle memory to help you commit to the movements you want to do in the water.
- Class room tuition – Presentations on useful training techniques such as; Movement Analysis and Visualisation (how to break down relevant surf manoeuvres so to replicate and how to mentally prepare yourself for the water), Surfboard Design and how it can help your surfing and The Style Search (perfecting your particular style).
- Photo Analysis – As you may already know, this is probably the most valuable coaching tool of all. We have the use of a digital SLR with 300m to 500m lenses, allowing us to go through your technique on land and really help you pin point any future surfing goals. Photos are available for purchase on a memory stick at the end of each course.
In water tuition
We are in the water surfing every day, twice a day! During which you will be coached by qualified instructors on wave selection and your technique.