On the day:
We will meet at the surf location before getting you all suited up and ready to go. Once on the beach the most important thing to us is your safety so we begin with a compulsory safety brief..
We then concentrate on the techniques involved with catching waves and standing up on your board. We appreciate that you are probably itching to get in the water so we don't spend to much time on the beach however it is important to learn the basics on the stable platform that the beach offers before heading into the surf to give it a go!
In the first few sessions you wont be any deeper than chest deep water, there is plenty to learn and once you've mastered the basics we can take
you a bit deeper.
Don't forget to smile throughout your session as you may well be photographed so that you can impress your mates with some evidence of you standing up for the first time! It is an amazing feeling so come and give it a go for yourself.
Book Online Now
Detailed lesson structure:
- Safety brief
- Warm up / Stretch
- Beach instruction on catching waves and riding in
- Water practice
- Beach instruction on standing up once you've caught the wave
- Water practice
- Feedback in the water with the instructor.
What you need to bring:
- Swimming kit (don't forget your towel!)
- Old trainers or flip flops for walking down to the beach over pebbles (optional)
- If you're doing the full day then we suggest that you bring some lunch, although we are normally near a pasty shop!
What we provide:
- Surfboards - suitable for your aility
- Wetsuits - suitable for the conditions (don't forget the zip goes up the back).
- Boots and gloves when neccessary
Morning Session 10 - 12:30pm - Practical surf lesson
Afternoon Session 1-3.30pm - Practical surf lesson
We offer a variety of different course options to suit everyones needs, We always try ro be flexible as well so if you cant find what you're looking for then give us a call and I'm sure we can sort something out for you.
½ day lesson - either morning or afternoon of instruction.
Full day lesson - Both the morning and afternoon of instruction 1day course - 1morning of instruction and afternoon hire 2 day course - 2 mornings of instruction and 2x ½ day hire sessions
3 day course - 3 mornings of instruction and 3x ½ day hire sessions
4 day course - 4 mornings of instruction and 4x ½ day hire sessions 5 day course - 5 mornings of instruction and 5x ½ day hire sessions
The 1, 2,3, 4 and 5 day courses give you the added flexability of having hire sessions in the afternoon. This provides you with time to practice what
we have taught you at your own leisure and pace before moving on to the next section.